@DavePee Look, you don't know her or her ambitions. By age 6 she will be franchising it. Just let her walk her own path, man.
So about a month ago now I mentioned I got a Toshiba REGZA 32HL66 32â€³ LCD HDTV. After a month of living with it, a couple of observations:
– I love the mute button! Push it once, the volume is halved. Push it again, it goes to zero and turns on the closed captioning. A kick ass feature when you get a phone call in the middle of a show.
– A widescreen formatted screen kicks butt! It even makes normal primetime shows look fantastic as it gives you the idea of a wider angle.
– An HD screen makes you realize just how sad standard def really is.
– Even though I don’t have anything HD yet, video game systems and DVDs look killer on it when run through RCA/SVHS/HDMI cables.
– Multiple screen formats is nice, even allows you to get rid of the black bars on normal widescreen TV shows. (although back bars don’t bother me)
In short, I’m loving it. And hey, a 32″ TV I can move on my own? Even better!