M.A.S.K. film franchise being set up at Paramount buff.ly/2HcgYcO https://t.co/qgnCYNid5r
You have to be kidding me. This is news? People are “outraged” that Elizabeth Hurley put her 5-year old son in a pink bikini as a joke for her children’s swimwear line. Outraged? Really… they’re “outraged”? Let’s go to Dictionary.com for the definition shall we?
1. an act of wanton cruelty or violence; any gross violation of law or decency.
2. anything that strongly offends, insults, or affronts the feelings.
3. a powerful feeling of resentment or anger aroused by something perceived as an injury, insult, or injustice: Outrage seized the entire nation at the news of the attempted assassination.
â€“verb (used with object)
4. to subject to grievous violence or indignity.
5. to anger or offend; make resentful; shock: I am outraged by his whole attitude.
6. to offend against (right, decency, feelings, etc.) grossly or shamelessly: Such conduct outrages our normal sense of decency.
7. to rape.
Really, a mother having fun with their child, playing dress-up, something every child has done, invokes this strong of an emotion in you? I particularly enjoy this bit from the above linked “news” article:
A source told Britain’s News Of The World newspaper, “It’s an outrage Liz made her son do this. He’s not old enough to make that sort of decision. Imagine the teasing he could suffer at school. Why would any parent do this to their child?”
On behalf of the entire sane world, may I just say “Get a freakin’ life!”? And this goes to all the media outlets that reported this non-story also. You had no more important stories to allocate your resources to? Seriously… nothing more important going on than people being “outraged” over a little boy dressing up a bikini? That was the sum total of the news today in the world?
And I especially like your “sources” being anonymous. True, it is an old tradition in journalism to keep your sources protected when asked to, but there is a point where this privilege gets abused, and this is one of those cases. I would have killed to have heard that conversation!
Reporter “Do you care to comment on the hoopla over Liz Hurley putting her son in a bikini?”
Source “Yes, but you must name me as an anonymous source.”
Reporter “You’re kidding, right?”
Source “No, this is deadly serious, Liz will put a hit out on me! You must treat me with the same care that you do a government snitch!”
That’s the sound of my head on the keyboard.
All the crap going on in the world and not only are people “outraged” over something this trivial… it’s news worthy.