So why did I go with this system? Numerous reasons.
– Windows XP was available on it. That was a huge reason.
– Dell Vostros ship without trialware, making for a much more pleasant experience.
– Kick ass screen.
– Did I mention it comes with XP?
– Dell had an amazing sale on this model last week.
So, what all did I get done to it?
- Intel Core 2 Duo T7250, 2.0GHz, 800Mhz, 2M L2 Cache
- 15.4 inch Wide Screen SXGA+ display with TrueLife LCD
- 2GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 DIMM
- 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
- 120G 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
- 8X DVD+/-RW with double-layer DVD+R write capability, w Roxio Creator
It also has Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, built-in webcam, SVHS out, 4 USB 2.0, Ethernet port, etc, etc… and for the price of a MacBook Pro, I could have bought two of these. So, sure, it is still Windows based, but for the price I got this at, it was hard to pass it up. Oh, and I love the keyboard, it has great action.
So, there you have it, another PC laptop, and I am turning my old one, which still has some life in it, in to a media streamer for my D-Link DSM-330 DivX Connected HD Media Player, which I will be reviewing soon.