Okay, the definition of “star” is getting stretched a bit thin on Dancing With the Stars this season …
The eleventh season of Dancing With the Stars kicks off on Sept. 20th and this latest round of “stars” leaves a lot to be desired. The Spring 2010 season at least had a few more people I’ve heard of, or at least considered “stars” of some definition as opposed to “daughter of famous person.” That isn’t to say I’m commenting on their family in any way, but seriously, how do you define her as “a star”? I have to say I’m puzzled by that one.
Anyway, here is a list of all the stars and which professionals they are teamed up with.
Update 9/1/10: Updated the dancers to the official list. Edyta Sliwinska has left the show.
Some quick facts on each:
- Michael Bolton is probably best known for being the butt of jokes about the music industry as opposed to being known as a musician.
- Margaret Cho is a well-known comedienne with an extremely dirty mouth.
- Rick Fox is a former basketball player and is currently dating Eliza Dushku of Buffy, The Vampire Slayer and Dollhouse.
- Jennifer Gray was in Dirty Dancing.
- David Hasselhoff … come on … you know who he is.
- Florence Henderson was Mrs. Brady on The Brady Bunch.
- Kyle Massey … a rapper supposedly, never heard of him.
- Brandy Norwood had a big singing career in the 1990′s.
- Bristol Palin … I’m still trying to figure this one out.
- Audrina Patridge was on The Hills.
- The Situation is from The Jersey Shore on MTV.
- Kurt Warner was a football player.
This has to be the least interesting cast in ages.