X-Men: Days of Future Past Adds Anna Paquin and Ellen Page to the Cast
The cast of X-Men: Days of Future Past has added three more familiar faces to its lineup.
Following up on the success of X-Men First Class, it’s looking like the second movie is going to be over flowing with Mutants. It was announced this weekend that three familiar faces are joining the cast of X-Men: Days of Future Past.
We last saw Anna Paquin as Rogue in X-Men: The Last Stand being injected with a serum to remove her mutant powers. As the new movie will be dealing with time travel that can easily be dealt with. Additionally she will be joined by Shawn Ashmore as Bobby “Iceman” Drake, and more importantly by Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde.
For those of you that have never read the original comics of this storyline, Kitty Pryde was a key figure in the story, and until this announcement I wasn’t sure how they were going to handle her pivotal portion of it. Now that we know Ellen Page is onboard, things just got a whole lot clearer for me.
X-Men: Days of Future Past is bringing Bryan Singer back to the series’ director’s chair and will be released on July 18, 2014.
X-Men: Days of Future Past Cast
- James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier (young)
- Michael Fassbender as Magneto (young)
- Sir Patrick Stewart as Professor Charles Xavier (old)
- Sir Ian McKellen as Magneto (old)
- Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine
- Anna Paquin as Rogue
- Jennifer Lawrence as Raven Darkholme/Mystique
- Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat
- Shawn Ashmore as Bobby Drake/Iceman
- Nicholas Hoult as Hank McCoy/Beast