SeanPAune

menu
July 3 2016

Pixar sequels scheduled to come to an end after 2019

Pixar has been mixing sequels and originals for some time now, but it looks like that policy may end soon.

Pixar president Jim Morris recently spoke with Entertainment Weekly about its upcoming slate of films and it looks as though the popular studio – a subsidiary of Disney – may be changing its tactics soon. “Our plan had been to make an original every year and a sequel every other year, if the idea came forth to do it,” Morris said. “If we add the next films after the current ones, it actually comes out to exactly that: seven sequels in a spate of 21 originals, from the time we were acquired by Disney [in 2006]. So it’s penciled out to be the same portfolio, just not in the order we thought they would be. And a lot of that has to do with when Andrew had a sequel idea, and Brad had a sequel idea…sometimes that’s just how it happens.”

“Everything after Toy Story and The Incredibles is an original right now,” Morris added. This means that all the films following The Incredibles 2 in 2019 – such as the two films scheduled for March and June of 2020 – are originals. Beyond those Morris said there are two more original films in early development and no other sequels are currently planned.

To be honest, I’m thrilled. I think Pixar is at its best when they are doing originals. Some of the films that have had sequels I feel really didn’t need them such as Cars. Lets see the studio focus more on films like Inside Out and I’ll be quite happy.


Source: Entertainment Weekly .


share tweet share



Movies |


Related: