SeanPAune

menu
July 27 2016

Han Solo film may kick off a trilogy

Alden Ehrenreich is said to have signed for three Star Wars films, firing up the rumor mill to monumental proportions.

According to a report from the New York Daily News, Disney actually signed the 26-year-old Ehrenreich to three films as Han Solo despite having only announced one so far. “There is a real sense of excitement around the Han Solo movie and its potential,” an insider told the paper. “Given that Han’s early adventures do not need to be tied to the Empire, it leaves story lines open with the opportunity to really give fans something different. They can explore new galaxies and crazy creatures and bring in a wide array of new characters.

“They feel that his character has the right potential to become a central figure in several movies,” the source said. “They’re keeping things under wraps at the moment, but the deal is that he has signed for at least three movies.”

The film we do know about so far is scheduled to be released in May 2018. My guess is if this story is true – which I suspect it is – we’ll hear an announcement immediately following its release, although pre-production work will have already been worked on. Just because an actor is signed for three films doesn’t guarantee they will happen, but I have a tough time imagining Disney not following this cash cow. Solo films based on the most popular character in the Star Wars universe? You know this is going to turn into more than one film.


Source: New York Daily News .


share tweet share



Movies | |


Related: